Currently, Activision must be rejoicing after the success of Call of Duty: Warzone and its more than 15 million players worldwide, a stand-alone Battle Royale included in the 2019 Modern Warfare. However, the future of the license is being prepared behind the scenes and rumors are growing.
Recently, we’ve heard that among the projects in development, there is the 2020 episode, Call of Duty Black Ops 5, which, according to rumors, it would be a reboot of Black Ops, in addition, several of its new features are evoked.
So let’s discover these rumors and news that are circulating about Call of Duty Black Ops 5 and when is this new opus coming out.
Call of Duty Black Ops 5 rumors
Call Of Duty Black Ops 5 rumors are coming from Twitter and they seem very accurate! Why is that? Because they are coming from the insider TheGamingRevolution, often responsible for proven leaks on social networks!
Indeed, the person behind the nickname had announced the Battle Royale of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare as well as the launch date of Call of Duty: Warzone before Activision! So this person seems to be well informed and when he announces that the next opus, Call of Duty: Black Ops V would be nothing else than a Black Ops reboot, all we have to do is listen to him!
TheGamingRevolution provided in the video below a number of details on what Activision is busy preparing for the new Call of Duty 2020.
Our opinion concerning this rumor
After the reboot of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, which was well-received by players and critics, Activision may choose to continue in this path with the reboot of another of its leading Call of Duty series: Black Ops. Although it’s not sure yet, Treyarch should be in charge of this project, oriented much more realistically than the latest Call of Duty series so far.
Well, there’s every reason to believe that’s where we’re heading, there is more possibility of a reboot than a new Black Ops 5 because TheGamingRevolution is reporting on that.
Call Of Duty Black Ops 5 news
TheGamingRevolution doesn’t only say the name of the next opus but also reveals a lot of information and a bunch of Call of Duty Black Ops 5 news about the return of Single-player Campaign, Multiplayer modes, the Zombie mode and more.
Here is everything you should know about Call of Duty Black Ops reboot:
- The game will be a reboot of the Black Ops license as was the case with Modern Warfare
- It is codenamed Project Zeus and there is a possibility that it is going to be named Call of Duty Black Ops and not Call of Duty Black Ops 5
- It seems that this one is under development by Treyarch’s studios with the assistance of Raven Software and Sledgehammer Games
- The Call Of Duty of 2020 will be a more realistic reboot of Black Ops
- The game will be run by a new Graphics Engine, developed by Infinity Ward Poland
- The reboot would be much more obscure and violent than the old Call of Duty: Black Ops. Even more than the reboot of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
The Campaign of Call Duty Black Ops reboot:
- The Campaign mode will take place in the midst of the Cold War and the Vietnam War with their real events, but it will be based on the existing Black Ops story
- New actors would play Alex Mason and Sergeant Frank Woods, who would make their comeback from the first Black Ops
- Alex Mason will appear in the first mission
- There will be many shocking moments, including extremely intense interrogation scenes
- The campaign will take place from several perspectives, including the United States, South Vietnam with the Viet Cong in order to link the different scenarios
The multiplayer mode of the new Cod Black Ops 2020:
- The great multiplayer modes are back, including 32v32
- There will be a huge ice map with snowmobiles and tanks in Ground War mode
- More classic maps and the 6v6 maps will be three-lane and will be similar to the Treyarch style
- The 6vs6 will be present with a rather open and dangerous map in its center giving the snipers a clear shot. A map taking place in a Russian city would also be present
- The Class system will be available
- No Automatic Health Regeneration, but that could change
- The operators will return
- A wide range of Killstreaks will be back, including Flamethrower, UAV, Counter UAV (drone and drone jammer), dogs, and more
- The multiplayer DLC will be free, like in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
- Finally, there will be no Supply Drops
Black Ops 5: Zombie mode:
- The new zombies will be very different from the previous ones, with less fantasy and darker elements
- The chaos won’t come back, it should be a new story
- The Zombie experience will be “more realistic” than the previous opus
- Perks will be available such as pack-a-punch as well as other known Zombies features
- The famous TranZit map should be making a comeback, or it might be a new map similar to TranZit (note that this piece of information may not be true)
- There might be a Premium Season Pass but only for this mode
These are only Call Of duty black ops 5 rumors and even though they are coming from a very accurate leaker, We’ll just have to wait for Activision to confirm this or not. We should wait until May or June, taking into consideration the evolution of the Coronavirus, to learn official news about the reboot of Call Of Duty Black Ops.
When is Call of Duty Black Ops 5 coming out
The well-known insider of Call of Duty, TheGamingRevolution, who is most of the time right with his statements, made another announcement, but this one is really unpleasant. According to the famous Youtuber, there is a very legitimate reason that this year’s Call of Duty will be delayed due to the pandemic. So Call of Duty 2020 may not make an appearance this year! We might get an answer in the future…
What we think
We would say that if the virus is shed before the fall of 2020, CoD: Black Ops reboot or what we are calling Call of Duty Black Ops 5 would be released during the holiday season. Because, as we all know, all the main opus of Call of Duty are always dropped during the end of the year and if we overcome this dire situation, we will be celebrating this with the rebooted version of Black Ops. Let’s keep our hopes up!